Partnerships (Sales/Market Development) Manager
PARTNERSHIPS (SALES/MARKET DEVELOPMENT) MANAGER
Location: Remote within the United States
Tradewater, a certified B Corporation, is in business to prevent catastrophic climate change. We are on a mission to improve the environment and create economic opportunity through the collection, control, and destruction of potent, high-impact greenhouse gases. Tradewater is a deeply mission-driven company that believes that a company committed to cleaning up the environment can be just as successful – if not more so – than a company that achieves its goals without regard to environmental impact.
To date, Tradewater has prevented more than 6.1 million metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalent from being released into the atmosphere, a critical step in the fight against climate change. Much of this impact has come from the identification, collection, and destruction of old refrigerants that are both ozone depleting substances and potent greenhouse gases. Now, Tradewater is scaling its operations and building a global team capable of preventing more than 3 million tons of CO2e from being released to the atmosphere annually. Achieving this goal involves identifying, controlling, and destroying potent greenhouse gases around the world and building a diversified market that values the climate benefits Tradewater creates.
To support its growth around the world, Tradewater is seeking a Partnerships Manager to support the ongoing relationships with Tradewater’s customers and key partners. This position will build relationships and rapport with customers, ensure excellent customer service, and provide support for product development efforts.
While Tradewater is based in Chicago, it has offices and team members around the world. This position can be based remotely within the United States, with the understanding that travel may be required. The position will report to the Director of Market Development based in Chicago, Illinois.
Application materials for this position will be accepted through September 11, 2023.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist partners on an ongoing basis, promoting the value of Tradewater projects and finding opportunities for mutual wins.
- Serve as the conduit between partners, market development, and other departments within Tradewater.
- Build relationships with potential customers and partners to ensure long term retention by presenting program/project options and addressing any issues or concerns.
- Communicate on behalf of Tradewater both verbally and written as a subject matter expert on the work that we do.
- Generate and qualify a pipeline of leads through market research and outreach campaigns.
- Conduct outreach to target partners via email, phone, teleconference, in-person meetings, and networking channels.
- Support the development of content and marketing materials to aid in outreach and brand building activities.
- Manage the tracking of outreach efforts and account activities via the use of Tradewater’s CRM.
- Prepare proposals and engage in negotiations for partnership opportunities.
- Support various product development efforts through the delivery of consumer and market insights and value proposition development.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field required with 5-7 years of sales and/or account management experience.
- Established network with corporate sustainability leaders is a plus.
- Experience in conducting cold outreach and moving potential customers through a sales pipeline.
- Great interpersonal skills and professionalism with the ability to interact, build and manage relationships with potential customers at all levels within an organization.
- Strong research skills and business acumen with the ability to summarize findings and identify key insights.
- A superb listener with the ability to make connections and find opportunities and solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in the execution and delivery of services to customers that meet and exceed expectations.
- Strong English language skills are required and knowledge of a second or more languages is highly preferred.
Strong candidates will be able to work in a professional and remote environment and have the following abilities:
- Capacity to synthesize information in a clear and well-organized manner.
- Capacity to work in multicultural environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Resiliency in overcoming objections and managing complex sales cycles.
- Flexibility to work with stakeholders in different time zones.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to complete tasks thoroughly and on time.
- Results-driven and target-driven attitude.
- Commitment to Tradewater's mission.
- Ability to work independently.
The Application Process
Tradewater provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Tradewater is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals living with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual living with a disability and need assistance expressing interest online, please email [email protected]. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.